This two-day intensive Emotion Focused Family Therapy (EFFT) Workshop is an incredible opportunity for parents and caregivers of individuals struggling with mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, substance use, and eating disorders, regardless of their age.
Different from other mainstream parenting models and rooted in a deep belief in the healing power of families, parents and caregivers are taught practical skills and techniques to support their child regardless of his or her age and/or motivation for change. Parents and caregivers will become equipped with practical strategies with respect to managing symptoms, emotional coaching and relationship repair. Parents and caregivers will also be supported to identify, work through, and overcome many obstacles that surface in this challenging journey.
Who should attend?
Caregivers, Family Members, Spouses, Parents of Adolescents and Adult Children, and other Supporting Individuals – whether or not they are involved in active treatment with their loved one.
Participants will leave with skills to:
- Have a greater understanding of their loved one’s Mental Health struggles
- Facilitate family based support
- Emotional and behavioral support their loved one
- Process and overcome their fears and reactions
- Repair patterns and triggers that get in the way of support
- Believe in their ability to care for and support their loved one